From idea to business plan
Artbox Incubator is a 8-week program during which selected participants across all creative fields are guided from the phase of idea to business plan with a series of intensive training, mentorships, and workshops. Participants are given the opportunity to work with prominent business leaders and renowned cultural figures to to develop a complete package for their projects, covering a business model strategy, production strategy, marketing strategy, and more. Once this package is ready, the participants will have the exclusive opportunity to present their projects for seed support. The deadline is February 29, 2024 (11:59pm, Yerevan Time).
Meet and learn from prominent business leaders and renowned cultural figures from across the world and art fields.
Develop the strategy and assets you will need for financial success – business plan, marketing plan and more.
Access to seed and growth grants, provided to selected Artbox projects.
How to join Artbox
- The applications are open to all people without any geographical restrictions, as long as their ideas are realized in the Republic of Armenia.
- Applicants can be from any creative discipline or multi-disciplinary: Visual Arts; Fine Arts; Literature; Film, TV, and Animation; Music; Fashion; Creative Design; Performative Arts; Architecture; Art Curation; Arts Management, and beyond.
- Applicants must be over 18 years old.
- Applicants are eligible to apply as individuals or teams of up to 3 individuals. Each selected idea must appoint a team lead to be responsible for attending all sessions and performing all program-related duties.
- All teams should secure an English-proficient team member: the leader must either be proficient in English or apply with a team member who is. Please note that although the live sessions are live-interpreted, all written material, such as the weekly assignments and assets, must be completed in English.
We are looking for ideas that:
- are artistically coherent and innovative.
- have potential for commercial success and/or broad market potential relevant to its field.
- that are practical with a realistic approach to bring it to life.
- that are led by dedicated teams eager to make it work.
Before you begin the submission process, please make sure to have the following materials for upload. If you have these materials ready, the submission process itself should take you no more than 15 minutes. We accept applications in English (preferred language), or Armenian.
1. A high-resolution headshot/profile picture of the team lead
- High-quality picture (min 1500px x 1500px) with a clear background, uncovered face, and homogeneous light.
- Name your file as follows: NameSurname_headshot
- Accepted formats: PNG or JPG.
- Maximum size: 10MB.
2. A video introduction. We’d like to know a little more about you. Introduce yourself and tell us why you’re excited about your creative idea.
- Film yourself on phone, camera, or webcam.
- Accepted formats: MP4, MPEG, AVI, FLV, or QuickTime.
- Maximum duration: 3 minutes.
- Name your file as follows: NameSurname_video
- Upload the introductory video to Google Drive, Vimeo, DropBox or YouTube to provide us with a link.
- Make sure you give us viewing access to your file.
3. A Curriculum Vitae of the team lead that provides a comprehensive background and relevant links to the applicants’ works.
- Include your name and surname at the top.
- Name your file as follows: NameSurname_CV
- Maximum size: 10MB.
- Accepted format: PDF.
4. Optional: an additional document that would help us determine the artistic value and potential commercial impact of your submission. This could be a product or market research, a detailed presentation, a business plan, a mood board, or a budget for example.
- Name your file as follows: NameSurname_annexes
- Maximum size: 10MB.
- Accepted format: PDF.
During your submission, you will have to reply to a few questions that you can get acquainted with below. We advise you to type and save your answers in a document on your computer or cloud service before submitting them through the application form in order to ensure that you can access them in case of a technical issue. The questions are as follows:
- Tell us about yourself and your creative career so far, including projects you’ve already brought to life. (250 words maximum)
- Describe your creative idea in one line. (1 sentence maximum)
- Now, tell us a little more about your creative business idea. Why are you passionate about it? (250 words maximum)
- What is its status and history? Is it in an early idea phase or more advanced? (250 words maximum)
- Do you think it has commercial potential? Why? (100 words maximum)
- If applicable, introduce us to the team around it. You can have up to 2 team members joining the incubator with you. (100 words maximum)
- What is the approximate budget of your idea? Give us a brief breakdown of the financials. (100 words maximum)
- What are your expectations from Artbox Incubator? (100 words maximum)
The deadline for applications is February 29, 2024 (11:59 PM, Yerevan time). Please note that applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. We receive applications exclusively through the application portal. Applications sent via email or other means/channels will not be considered.
The evaluation process will last 4 weeks after the application deadline. Through a rigorous selection process, the selection committee will evaluate submissions. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to submit further documents and join a video interview for the final evaluation. All applicants will be notified about the results after the evaluation process.
In case of any questions, please feel free to contact our team via email@example.com: we would be glad to assist you in the application process.
- My business has employees and a stable team, am I eligible?
No, the program is designed for businesses in the idea stage. For established businesses, you can check out Artbox Accelerator.
- If I want to develop my career, can I apply for the program?
No, the program is designed to help create businesses in the idea stage. For solo artists in need of a career boost, you can check Artbox Entrepreneur.
- I have a creative idea but my business is not registered yet, can I apply?
Yes, you can apply. However, it's important to note that if selected as a participant and grant recipient, you will be required to register a legal entity for your business within the territory of the Republic of Armenia.
- I have a creative idea but no team at the moment, can I apply?
Yes, although we recommend to embark through the process accompanied, it’s not mandatory to have team members.
- My business is not located in Armenia, can I apply?
Artbox programs are designed to develop and boost the creative economy in Armenia, so your business must be registered and located within the Republic of Armenia to be eligible for the program.
- If I get selected for the program, does that mean I will receive the grant automatically?
Participation in the program does not guarantee that you will be selected for the Artbox grant. You will go through a developed curriculum and work on your business plan which you will submit as part of your grant application at the end of the program.
- Where do the workshops take place?
Online, you can join from any part of Armenia and the world.
- When will the program start and how long does it last?
The program starts in late March until mid-May and lasts for 8 weeks.
- How much time is required to dedicate to the Artbox program weekly?
On average Artbox participants spend at least 5 to 8 hours weekly on program-related tasks. It includes 2 hour online workshops on Mondays (7-9 PM Yerevan time) and the time needed to complete the weekly assignments.
- What language is the program conducted in?
The main workshops are available in both English and Armenian through simultaneous interpreting. However, for the written materials and for possible personal meetings with mentors, you will need to ensure that you have an average or advanced command of English.